The Union Of Private Bulgarian Entrepreneurs “VUZRAZDANE” is a non-profit organization that started its activities as of the date of its establishment on 12 December 1989.
The main objectives of the Union are directed towards the support of the individual economic prosperity of each of its members; encouragement of personal enterprise; establishment of favourable financial, administrative and normative conditions and regulative rules, which provide a favourable economic environment for the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMSs) and their sustainable and ascending development.
The Union Of Private Bulgarian Entrepreneurs “VUZRAZDANE” carries out the following main activities:
- Representation and protection of the economic, employers’ and legal interests of the Union’s members;
- Supporting the entrepreneur prosperity of the members;
- Participation in the development of the national economy through the undertaking of different initiatives and forms of interaction with the competent authorities of the state, of the local self-governance and with the social partners from the National Council for Tripartite Co-operation;
- Participation in international non-governmental organisations;
- Co-operation with similar social organisations in the country and abroad;
- Implementation of programmes and projects, funded by internal and/or external sources.
By virtue of decision of the Council of Ministers in 1993 and 2004 the Union Of Private Bulgarian Entrepreneurs “VUZRAZDANE” was recognized as a representative organization of employers at a national level. The Union has its representatives in the National Council for Trilateral Cooperation, the Economic and Social Council, the Supervisory Board of the National Social Security Institute, the General Meeting of the Representatives at the National Health Insurance Fund, the Management Board of the National Health Insurance Fund, the branch councils at the ministries, the district and municipal three-party bodies, the National Development Plan (NDP) and Operational Programmes (OPs) Working Groups and Steering Commities of EU Programmes.
The Organisational system of the Union Of Private Bulgarian Entrepreneurs “VUZRAZDANE” includes the Headquarters of the Union, regional organisations, built on territorial principle in more than 100 municipalities in the country, as well as 22 branch organisations set up after sectoral or branch principle.